Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Moment in Time . . .

My oldest child has an eye for photography. 

And I don't mean that she just likes taking selfies on her iPhone,

I mean she loves a real camera. 

Digital, old-school with 35 mm film, instant . . . you name it, she will shoot it.

Last year, she heard of a local competition (Walker 24/7 Photography Contest) that was going on in our community, and chose to enter. 

She won in her age division. 

This year, the competition(Walker 24/7 Photography Contest) was being held again, and she entered again. 

She placed 2nd and 3rd in her age division, and they also displayed 2 other photographs that she submitted. 

I am so proud of her!

She is saving the money from the competitions and babysitting jobs to buy a nice camera.

And I don't mean a couple hundred dollar camera, I mean a super-duper, huge lens, does all sorts of fancy things type of camera. She really wants a Nikon. Anyway . . . I sure hope she is able to save up for it! 

I am posting the pictures that won, as well as the pictures they chose to display this year. 

Walker County was founded in 1823
Jasper Post Office

Half-Time Devotional
Upward Basketball/Jasper's First Baptist Church

6th grade English
Maddox Middle School

Practice Makes Perfect
Maddox Middle School 6th grade band practice

No comments:

Post a Comment